New updates always come with little bundles of surprises. New features and newer versions are fascinating for users. However, things turn sour when users face errors like the windows update error 0x8024a105 on their computer while installing the latest version of the Windows 10 Operating System on their computer. Microsoft regularly launches updates for its users, instrumental in combating errors, bug issues, and slow system performances.
Sometimes, due to a faulty Windows update service, users are often left with errors like the 0x8024a105 error while installing an update on their systems.
The error attributed to the 0x8024a105 Windows 10 update is usually caused due to corrupted or damaged Windows files, malware or virus infection, improper installation, etc. This error might also surface when a user is trying to check the Update History or during the Windows Update procedure on their computer. The 0x8024a105 error generally misses from the official error code list; however, it does show a problem with the form.
Hence, to fix the 0x8024a105 Windows 10 update error, there are various solutions mentioned in this guide that can be followed.
Working Solutions to Fix Error Code 0x8024a105
The following solutions can be used to fix this error. Follow these sequentially, one after the other if the earlier solution does not work.
Restarting the PC
A good number of system glitches and errors can be taken care of by rebooting the system. Hence, the first solution is to restart the Windows system to eliminate Windows update error 0x8024a105.
This can be done by navigating the Start menu, selecting Shutdown, and then the “Restart your PC” option from the list.
Once the Windows system restarts, try rerunning the Windows Update. If it does not work, go for the second solution on the list.
Checking the internet connection
Sometimes, an internet connection can be the cause of some error in the system. The update error can be attributed to the problem with internet access.
You can try switching the internet connection. If you are using a LAN connection, switch the system to WiFi, then use a Cat5 cable to communicate with the internet.
Once the connection is switched, try updating the system once again. If the problem remains, go for the next solution in the list.
Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter
If the 0x8024a105 error is still showing on the screen, you can go for the Windows Update Troubleshooter as the next resort. The inbuilt Windows Update Troubleshooter can help in locating and solving the windows update error 0x8024a105.
Follow these steps for this solution:
- From the Windows Setting window, select the settings option or press the I + Windows keys simultaneously.
- From the Troubleshooter list, select the Windows Update Troubleshooter option.
- Locate it and Run the Troubleshooter
- Follow the on-screen commands to proceed further.
This can automatically resolve the 0x8024a105 error. If the problem persists, check the next option on the list.
Running the DISM and SFC commands
FAs we had mentioned above, the 0x8024a105 error can also occur due to the presence of corrupted or faulty Windows system files. The SFC command can then be used to repair the files that show corruption. If this command fails to work, running the DISM command scan be enough to solve the 0x8024a105 error.
Use the given steps to get rid of the 0x8024a105 error on your computer.
- Use the R key and Windows Key simultaneously to open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt, type scannow or sfc, and then press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete (Will take up to 15 minutes)
Once this is completed, try installing the Windows Update command again, and see if there is still an error. If there is still an error, try the DISM command.
- Open the command prompt using the shortcut given above and type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth.
- The process will take about 10 minutes to complete
- Once this is done, restart the system and check if the error still occurs. If it does, try the next step.
Resetting the Software Distribution Folder
Many users confirmed that the Update error was due to problems with the Software Distribution folder and resetting this folder solved the error.
Follow these steps to reset the folder:
- Run the command prompt as the administrator
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
- Find the location where the Software Distribution Folder is stored on the computer.
- Select the R key + Windows key to open the Run Box option
- Type the following command and press Enter
- Please select all the files in this folder and delete them
- Note: Avoid renaming any file, select every file and delete them in its entirety
- Open the cmd again and type the given commands, again pressing Enter after each
net start bits
net start wuauserv
Once these are executed, try restarting the computer. If the problem remains, go to the next step.
Resetting the Catroot2 folder
This folder is the same as the one which contains the updated components for the computer. Resetting it following by a reboot can be the right solution for this error.
Changing the Windows Update Settings
Another option can be checking for Windows Updates again, and see if the updates are up-to-date.
Reinstalling Windows 10 on the system
If the problem remains, try installing the Windows 10 version again. Before you do so, remember to back up all the essential files on your computer, or you might end up losing them.
These are the solutions that can be followed to solve the 0x8024a105 Windows 10 update error on your system. Users are advised to follow the steps and write all commands carefully. We hope this article worked for you to get rid of the windows update error 0x8024a105. If there is still a problem, the best recommendation would be to either contact a professional or to head to the service center where they can solve the problem for you.