Discord has been the gamer’s paradise and the main voice-over IP service for the last few decades. The software is an amazing conduit for gamers to enjoy their games and speak with their peers. However, certain bugs need to be addressed. Many users have raised a complaint that the discord mic is not working. So, in this article, we will try to cover the top 5 quick fixes to solve the discord mic not working problem.
5 Quick Fixes to solve Discord Mic Not Working Issue
While most of the time, the bugs can be solved by restarting the Discord. So, you don’t need to change any settings. But even after that, if the “discord mic not working” error pops up, try the following steps to resolve the issue.
Update the drivers for Audio
Most of the time, the major issue pertains to simple corrupted files and outdated application patches. So, all you have to do is manually update the drivers. Then, you can manually visit the manufacturer’s website to find the latest driver. This will eradicate the “discord mic not working” issue from your device, and you can enjoy your games again.
Reset the Discord settings
Resetting the Discord settings may help you resolve the issue as well.
- Navigate the ‘User settings’ on Discord. You will find the icon near the bottom of the application.
- Click on the ‘my account and near the bottom, and you will find the ‘voice&video’ option.
- Click on the option, and you will encounter the reset voice settings option as you scroll down.
- Confirm the reset option and check if the “discord mic not working’ pop-up disappears when you log in again.
Set the push to talk button
Sometimes, using the Discord continuously may affect the mic to behave erratically. This is why you must find an alternative solution. Most of the gamers have switched to push-to-talk settings. You can also try the same to check if the “discord mic is not working” issue is resolved.
- Go to ‘user settings on the app.
- Click on the ‘Voice & Video’ option.
- Click on the ‘push to talk button to switch it on.
Enable the automatic input sensitivity
Enabling the input sensitivity helps you solve the ‘discord mic not working’ issue by the snap of a finger. The discord mic may stop working if the ‘automatic input sensitivity is disabled. To enable the same, you should:
- Go to the user settings option and click on the voice & video tab.
- You will find the input sensitivity header with a dual-colour band.
- Turn on the automatic sensitivity switch
This will solve the discord mic not working issue.
Check if Discord is identifying the connected mic
If none of the above fixes has worked for you, you have to review your mic settings. Make sure that your Discord is using the correct mic. Connection with the wrong device will eventually affect the discord mic not working error. To check that, go to the voice settings and select the default input and output device.
More on our portal: