Computers are great, but like all machines they require maintenance. You should perform a variety of activities from time to time to ensure that your computer is working efficiently and your programs are running properly. If you are constantly working on your computer it will slow down eventually because of files that are corrupted, deleted, damaged, and unorganized. There are however many ways you can achieve a slow computer fix. Read on below to discover how you can increase your PC speed quickly!
Close the programs properly
The most common way that the computer slows down is when programs are not closed properly. Not all programs are the same, and not all programs close properly at the same time. If you try to close a program that is already open then you will find the program will not close. Sometimes when you are watching a tutorial and the tutorial is active all of the links will appear to where you can click to continued watching the tutorial, even though there is nothing in the tutorial that is new. That is because there are still items that happened if you did not close the program properly.
Another way to get a slow computer fix is to have an excellent spyware/anti-spyware program and run, if possible, daily. This is to ensure that you are protecting your computer against two of the most common causes of computer problems: spyware and malware. These are both viruses that are often spread over the internet that can destroy your computer system and corrupt your data.
Lawyers and computer users alike have called for help for quite some time now when it comes to trying to fix a slow computer. In some cases, this may be the cause of the problem, and in other cases, it is just a matter of maintenance. However, most people do not know how to fix a slow computer, and true enough this is one of the most common phone books when you are looking to get a slow computer fix. If you have ever asked yourself “why is my computer slow” then you already know the answer.
Most people do not understand the value of spending money on maintenance, as so many people will rush to tell you that the only way to speed up your computer is to go out and buy a new one. If you have spent any amount of time searching for a slow computer fix, you already know that this is usually not a good idea. So many of the programs that you find will only hinder your computer’s performance rather than speed it up.
What else you can try
The truth is that you do not need to buy a new computer every year as some people do. You do not need to buy any extra RAM or hard drive space. You may feel that you do, but you are probably wrong. You do not need to buy more memory chips, either, so long as you have at least 2GB of RAM. These are some of the things that you can do to speed up your computer without having to spend any money.
The one thing you can do to speed up your computer is to go to your Add/Remove Programs file. Check to see if there are any programs you have installed that you no longer need. Simply click on the remove button to remove it.
The next thing you can do is check your System Restore feature. If you are using Windows 8.1, it will be the System Restore tab. With Windows 10, it will be on the Start menu, opening a window that opens the System Restore.
- Now, click on the date you want it to restore to. It will bring up a password. After entering the password, click on “confirm password.” You will then see another window open.
- In this second window, select the restore point before restoring. After selecting the point, click on “confirm.” You will then see another window open.
- In this window, click on the checkbox to “use the restore point.” You will then see the results of your restoration.
- The bottom window will just show the information about successfully restoring the date. However, if it fails, then open the restore point using your password and try again.
Another way to boost speed
Remove redundant programs, and files that you do not use, or any type of manual defragmentation. You can do this by clicking on your Start menu, All Programs, Accessories, and then System Tools. This will open up several tabs.
- Click on Disk Defragmenter to open up the window. If you have never defragmented your hard drive, this could take several hours, so it may be a good idea to schedule the process at least once a month.
- Click on “computer” if you cannot see the Disk Defragmenter tab.
- Next, right-click on the hard drive that you want to defragment, and then select “properties.”
- On the “General” tab, highlight the section that says “format and partition” and then click “check now.”